Gauge, 2013 - 2015.
Film Loop, Three Channel Installation
Gauge was filmed on Baffin Island in the Canadian Arctic, on sea ice. As the monumental ice walls rise and fall upwards of 30ft due to the tidal movement of the sea, visual narratives were created using natural food colouring, that came and went with the tides.
The 10 minute installation comprises of three screens each on a separate wall, with a 5.1 audio sound track of experimental noise music by composer Raven Chacon from PostCommodity who are currently showing in Documenta 2017, Athens.
To request access to view the film, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
'Gauge' has been exhibited at:
- Urban Shaman Gallery, Winnipeg 2017
- Colorado Springs Fine Art Center, Boulder, 2017
- Lightening Speak: Solo and Collaborative Works of Raven Chacon, University of New Mexico Art Gallery, January 29 – May 14, 2016
- Flow Edge: New art and collaborations from the north, AXENE07, Gatineau, PQ, January 26 - March 5, 2016
- Flow Edge: New art and collaborations from the north, Canada House Trafalgar Square, London, UK, September 29, 2016
- Nuit Blanche Toronto 2015, TIFF Bell LightBox
Collaboration with Artists:
The three visual artists are; Danny Osborne, Alexa Hatanaka and Patrick Thompson (PA System)
Raven Chacon is a composer of chamber music and a performer of experimental noise music.
Filmed by Sarah McNair-Landry and Eric McNair-Landry.
Photography by Erik Boomer.
We would like to acknowledge funding support from the Canada Art Council and Nunavut Film.